Sunday, November 5, 2017


Taiwanese people loves to eat hotpot so much, either it is hot and dry in the summer or even just in a cold winter. Dwi bumped into this restaurant accidentally, when strolling around Zhongzheng District. From the outside, it looks like an upscale restaurant compared to the restaurants surrounding. Fret not, all the dishes here are pretty affordable and the variant is quite vary.

What I love about this place is the space. Although it is not that big, you will be not easily bumped into the person at your next table. It also has a clean and neat table. Every person will have their own personal stove (errr yeah, you don't say...). It has two floors and their restroom is the cleanest restroom I've ever met so far in Taiwan! Even they have toilet spray (bidet)! Actually, it is quite important for Indonesian people. Let's review the dish!

I instantly chose the original broth since I was not in the mood to try another kind of broth like spicy broth, kimchi broth, or sweet and sour Thai broth. I just wanted to create my own personal taste, because I am very confident when it comes to it LOL. You can opt for beef or pork, and I go for beef. It only costed me 130 NTD. Here, you also gets 8 thin slices of beef, vermicelli (glass noodle), tofu, fish cakes, sausage, mushrooms, veggies, and some innards plus black pudding... (ew, I didn't touch it).

Since the soup is clear, you can taste almost nothing unless you put your own condiments. You can go to the bar in the corner to pick and create your own personal taste for the hotpot such as cuts of garlic, chillis, scallions, BBQ paste, soy sauce, and salty soy sauce. My recipe for the broth is 2 tsp of garlic, 1.5 tsp of chillis (yes, I like it spicy), 1 tsp of soy sauce, and so much scallions. As for the dipping sauce, usually I will just use broad bean paste, but since they didn't have it, I just create 3 tsp of BBQ paste and a little bit of soy sauce.

The beef is so thin, and it was not so lean, so I could chew the tasty meat (50:50 ratio of meat and fat). And by far, this restaurant is so generous in putting the glass noodle in your hotpot LOL. Oh, and if you like some additional in your dish, such as more set of veggies, ramen noodle, or even meat, you can just tell them and it will cost you extra. At the bar, you can also see the pot for refilling your soup and free flow of iced lemon infused water and cold tea.


Restaurant: 品森鍋物
Address: 100, Taipei City, Zhongzheng District, 信陽街6-2號
Business Hour: 11 am - 10.30 pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment