Friday, November 17, 2017

What I have told you previously that Taiwanese people are taking their hot pot seriously, so do keep in mind that it is very convenient to find the restaurant, let it be the upscale one with super fancy decorating place until the one with more affordable near campus area. This time, I would like to tell you about one of the famous hot pot places near my campus, Tarng Lao Ai Shabu Shabu. Expect for the long line when you reach at dinner time (let it be weekdays or weekend). The longest time I've waited here was around 30 minutes. The place is popular among students because it is in the heart of 3 campuses (NTU, NTUST, and NTNU).



Why are we willingly to wait for that much of time? First, because it is just near my campus. Second, it's cheap! The beef one only costs you 150 NTD, including 8 thin slices of beef (with fat yum), vegetables like carrots, enoki mushrooms, portabello, cabbage, chinese cabbage (pok choy/ bok choy), corn, tofu, crab sticks, fish sticks, meatball, and dumplings. For desserts, there are 6 selection of free flow Meiji ice cream! You can opt for peppermint (my least favorite), cookies and cream (my ultimate favorite!), mango, milk, chocolate, and raisins & bubblegum.

Actually, if you are vegetarian, they have their vegetarian hot pot (180 NTD). For meat lovers, besides beef, they also offer chicken (140 NTD), lamb (150 NTD), pork (140 NTD), seafood (180 NTD), and don't worry if you are in a low-fat diet, they have low-fat beef (200 NTD) ready for you! The soup is the clear one (by default), but actually there are another options like milk (if I'm not mistaken), spicy, etc., but to be honest I like my soup clear as much as possible, so I can create my own taste, just like what I describe in the previous post

At my first several comings here, usually I chose for beef, but after that I chose for chicken (just for the sake of restricting my fat-intakes LOL). What I like here is they have broad bean paste as one of the condiments! Oh yeah, to clear your mouth, besides ice mineral water, they also have iced sweet tea, iced tea, red tea (Gosh, I forgot what's the name of that herb err), and self-served coffee.

The portion is so big and usually I come here with an empty stomach or just simply when in rainy days~
For the place, it's divided into 2 areas, for the main meals and for the dessert. So, once you've finished with your hot pot and feeling like to eat the ice cream or simply you want to chit chat for a little bit longer, you can go to the dessert area. They also provide many comic books (but it's all in Chinese). The light is a little bit dim (you can see from my photos) and the space between one table to another table is quite packed but not that narrow.


Restaurant: Tarng Lao Ia Shabu Shabu
Address: No. 3, Lane 70, Section 3, Xinsheng South Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106
Business Hour: 11 am - 10 pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment